Sunday, August 2, 2015

Welcome


In a world where the internet dominates life through smartphones, computers, and tablets; it’s hard to find one's place. Through social media, specifically Facebook and Twitter, microblogging has been the acceptable form to get one’s ideas in front of others.


In addition to this vast web of ideas, blogging has become the norm for many people with varying interests. If you have an obsession with legos or crafting bows or making homemade playdough there is sure to be a blog specifically devoted to those tasks, as well as relating activities.


So, where do we fit in? We, Lexie and Jena, have been longtime friends. We like to say that going on five years of friendship at our youngish age is longtime.


Our adventures have taken us through newspaper classes, yearbook classes, yearbook co-editorships, cheerleading team members, years of being our school ambassadors, and many a long conversation over coffee.


Other than having a wonderful history full of fun times, together we also have a deep knowledge of all things “Grey’s Anatomy”, how to turn the bad times upside down, and what it’s like to be incredibly busy, while focused on school and other obligations.


Individually we each have our own interests.


Lexie:
I am beginning college this year, planning to major Informatics with an emphasis in performance media, which is pretty much a fancy way of saying I plan to be on television as a reporter/anchor/host. I'm interested in variety of news, so you'll hear about a little bit of everything from me!


I'm a pretty big sports fan. I especially like college football, but I enjoy the NFL and MLB as well. I also enjoy movies, anything from classic black and whites to modern day blockbusters capture my interest. My music taste tends to vary, but right now I'm loving Taylor Swift, and Ed Sheeran, as well my older favorites like Matchbox 20 and the Goo Goo Dolls!


After having to wear a school uniform throughout high school, I've started really embracing my inner fashionista as of late, with the help of Vogue magazine and an ever growing closet! I also love cooking in my spare time. I've grown up with food allergies, which have only driven me to enjoy cooking and learning how to make different things. I'm a big believer in going after dreams and trying to live the life you dream of, so that's what I'm trying to do now that I'm beginning life on my own.

Jena:
I am currently majoring in rocks and not the kind that every woman in her twenties wants on her finger. Geology, agriculture and journalism are my academic focuses, which means you will hear little on those topics. Beyond that my interests vary from movies, books, some photography, a little bit of fashion and a whole lot of fun (insert my sorority letters and sisters here).


I’ve recently dipped my fingers into paint, which translates to hours of crafting. In addition to harnessing my inner Martha Stewart, I love trying new products (anything from a new laundry detergent to mascara). My motto revolving around a lot of my life is, “You don’t know if you like it unless you try it.” The same goes for my taste in travel, food, and culture.

XOXO,
Lexie & Jena

No comments:

Post a Comment