Sunday, August 9, 2015

Birthday Blues, Not this Year



How lucky am I that today is my day for a blog post? Considering it’s my birthday, and I get to share it with you makes me very lucky!

In recent years I have not been too keen on celebrating my birthday. I have always thought that birthdays and Mother’s Day/Father’s Day should be swapped. 

We should celebrate our parents on our birthday because they made that day happen! On Mother’s Day and Father’s Day we, as children, should be showered with appreciation because we made it possible for our parents to be mothers and fathers. Without us they would be ordinary, childless people. 

However; this year I am taking a new lease on life and actually celebrating me! It will be interesting to say the least. 

To celebrate me I have the following plans:
  1. Sleep in!
  2. Ignore all Facebook notifications, but I turned my birthday off on there a few years ago, so hopefully nobody outside those who know it’s my birthday will annoy me!
  3. Buy a plantain..because nothing says birthday fun like the banana’s cousin!
  4. Call my parents and thank them for allowing me to live and allow them be the cool parents they have come to be (it’s taken years).
  5. Work on my online class.
  6. Eat chocolate, and an excessive amount because I leave for sorority recruitment the following day.
  7. Treat myself to “Paper Towns” because after reading the book I want to see if it is as good as Lexie says!
  8. Buy a lottery ticket to mark the anniversary of when I bought my first lottery ticket!
So, basically, the only wild things I will be doing is eating a plantain and seeing a movie. Hello 19! Only 365 more days until I leave the teenage years behind!

I hope you make cooler birthday plans then I do! Then again, i’m not a birthday person.

XOXO,

Jena

No comments:

Post a Comment