Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Summer Sweet Treat: Baked Peaches



The end of summer is getting closer, which makes me think of school, shorter days, and especially PEACHES! Around the beginning of August there always seems to be an influx of ripe, juicy peaches in the produce aisle of the grocery store, as well as at my local farmer's market.

Peaches are one of my favorite fruits and I'm always looking for a new, tasty way to eat them, especially after getting a box of them from the farmers market. While pinteresting I came across the idea of baked peaches, and decided to try to put my own allergy-friendly spin on them!

Grocery List
-Fresh Peaches (I prefer them from my local farmer's market, but the grocery store works just as well)
-Butter or Margarine (My brand of choice is Earth Balance original spread; its vegan and great for dairy allergies)
-Brown Sugar
-Cinnamon Sugar (You can either buy it premade or mix it yourself- it's super easy to make and good keep them on hand for recipes or even just cinnamon toast)
-Aluminum Foil (Leaves the pan mess free)
- Non-Stick spray

*Most of this is probably already in your kitchen, making the recipe even easier!
**Measurements vary, I've listed mine throughout the recipe but they are really dependant on your peach size and number of peaches

Super Easy Recipe

1. Cut, halve, and pit your peaches. I try to make a peach (or two halves) per person so let that dictate how many you make.

2. Cover your pan in foil, and spray it with  non-stick. Then arrange your peach halves on the foil so they aren't touching.

3. Fill the center of each half with your butter/margarine to your personal tastes. I'm a fan of margarine so I filled the centers pretty full.

4. Then measure about a teaspoon full of brown sugar and a fourth of a teaspoon of cinnamon sugar over the margarine. Depending on the size of your peaches you may want more or less!


5. Bake the peaches in the oven at 350. Mine normally take about 5-8 minutes to get soft and cooked through. As a rule of thumb, the less ripe the peach the longer it will need to cook!



  • 6. Enjoy! I think they are great as a dessert or snack as is, but I'm tempted to try them with my favorite soy ice cream on top (my favorite brand is So Delicious in Vanilla, it's super versatile!)



Comment below if you have any other allergy friendly additions or brands you love!    


XOXO,

Lexie

No comments:

Post a Comment