Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Back to School: Planner


One of my favorite purchases this year has been my Erin Condren life planner. I did a lot of research to find the perfect planner for me. Although there are some aspects of this planner that do not necessarily pertain to my life or schedule, it has worked well for me.


Overview of planner:
-The front pages showcase an at a glance calendar for 2014-2015. I use this feature all the time!
-Each month has a different color scheme, so if you are a very visual person this helps for remembering what happened in different months.
-The weekly layout begins on Monday and ends on Sunday. The days are divided by morning, day, and night. There are also lines at the end of the day for reminders ect.
-The left sidebar has a monthly at a glance calendar with extra lines for notes or thoughts.
-All parts of the planner are tabbed (and color coordinated) for easy opening to the right place.
-It includes an 8 inch ruler, which also doubles as a page marker! It’s heavy duty and works great for just about anything.
-The back includes a notes section. Both lined and blank pages are included. If you take a lot of extra little notes you are in luck because there is an ample amount of notes pages.
-At the back there is also a 2016-2017 at a glance calendar. Great for planning ahead!
-The last pages include four sheets of stickers, two pages of blank stickers and two pages of reminder stickers (below)
-There is also a built in pocket folder, with two pockets, and a zippered compartment, with complementary sticker name tags, gift tags, and inspirational quotes. Two date cards are also included!


STICKERS!
-60 birthday! -6 game!
-6 day off! -7 hair appt. @
-2 dentist @ -3 sale!
-6 doc appt. @ -6 concert!
-6 mani/pedi -6 party!
-12 vacation!


How I use my planner:
Last year I used a different color for each class in the full month views to include what was in my syllabus, sorority calendar and other events or plans I had.




In the weekly layout I would include a little more information or what time a class was. If I wanted to read ahead I would also include that or different due dates. Some weeks my weekly schedule was really full and others, not so much.



The busier the week, the more I would write down in my planner. Looking towards this new school year, I have found some new ways to incorporate my planner into my everyday life, and not use it as minimally as I did.

No matter how much I love my planner, the most important part of finding a planner is to find a planner that fits you. So I suggest to do what I did and research, research and research a little more. There are thousands of planners out there to fit so many styles of personal planning! Good luck and I hope you find a planner that works for you as much as mine works for me!


XOXO,
Jena


**Look forward to how I plan to use my planner this school year! Stickers?


1 comment:

  1. There's nothing more motivating than a brand new planner! Hope you're having a good school year so far! :)

    xo Jen
    Skirt The Rules

    ReplyDelete